The impact of COVID-19 has greatly impacted Gymsports – however our commitment to the safety and well-being of our Gymsports families has not wavered. We have a responsibility to ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants, volunteers and staff which includes their physical and mental well-being.
To ensure that we are looking after all of our Gymsports families, there have been changes to how all of our classes operated prior to COVID-19. The following information highlights some of the clubs general changes you can expect, we will also provide additional updates to best suit our community as things adapt and change, but the below are now currently applicable as per Regional Victoria restrictions (September 23rd).
Gymsports is introducing new timetable to maximise the ability for existing and new members through a 7 day program approach.
To assist us ensure what is the best possible outcome for everyone, the following has been introduced:
- – Participant numbers are now restricted to 10 each session. Parents of Under 5’s do not count if they are also participating.
- – Reduction in contact (face to face) training times for some competitive athletes in line with the AIS Return to Sport guidelines, this is down to 50% of pre-COVID times.
- – Timetable changes to allow for maximum participation numbers across all our programs.
- – Adopting the Gymnastics Australia and Gymnastics Victoria return to sport policies.
- – Increased cleaning and distancing protocols as per Health Department recommendations. We have employed a professional company to look after this for us.
- – Strict booking requirements for all classes and sessions.
- – “Get In… Train… Get Out” policy for all sessions.
- – ALL visitors to the facility, including participants (regardless of their age), are required to electronically check-in using the Services Victoria QR code app. Where required proof of address introduced.
- – Changes to the way participants and visitors enter and exit the facility.
- – The appointment of a COVIDsafe Marshall.
- – The requirement to wear face masks unless an exemption applies.
- – Staff have voluntarily received either their first or second vaccination to assist in protecting our members and fellow staff.