The impact of COVID-19 has greatly impacted our gymsports club – however our commitment to the safety and well-being of our gymsports families has not wavered. We have a responsibility to ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants, volunteers and staff which includes their physical and mental well-being.
To ensure that we are looking after all of our gymsports families, there will be changes to how all of our classes operated prior to COVID-19. The following information highlights some of the clubs general changes you can expect, we will also provide additional updates to best suit our community as things adapt and change over the coming months.
We also will be welcoming everyone to our new facility, the largest and only purpose built gymnastics facility in Western Victoria. So again some new changes are needed for everyone participating and visiting.
To assist us ensure what is the best possible outcome for everyone, the following has been introduced:
- – Reduction of participant numbers in each class or session to allow for a more controlled “Bubble” approach which will also ensure greater coach attention and athlete participation.
- – Reduction in contact (face to face) training times for competitive athletes in line with the AIS Return to Sport guidelines.
- – Timetable changes to allow for movement and class size reductions.
- – Adopting the Gymnastics Australia and Gymnastics Victoria return to sport policies.
- – Cleaning and distancing protocols as per Health Department recommendations.
- – Strict booking requirements for all classes and sessions.
- – Fee payment changes.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO READ
The following documents should be read to understand the changes being enforced at gymsports to assist with our Bouncing Back program: