2021 & COVIDsafety @ Gymsports
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and are committed to keeping you safe.
Your wellbeing continues to be our highest priority. New policies and procedures have been carefully devised to ensure the wellbeing of our athletes, staff and Ballarat Gymsports community at this time. These have been planned in strict accordance with the Victorian Government’s and Gymnastics Victoria’s conditions of reopening and we were grateful for all feedback provided by our families and peers at other clubs during the planning stages.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
All participants and other persons agree to the conditions of entry set out below before entering Ballarat Gymsports.
- I agree to adhere to the policies and procedures set forth by Ballarat Gymsports and follow all reasonable instructions when given.
- I agree that I must follow hygiene and health regulations to assist in the prevention of COVID-19.
- I agree that by attending a class or entering the facility I am, to the best of my knowledge, healthy and able to participate safely.
- I agree that if I have been to ANY gazetted hotspot within the past 14 days that I will not enter the facility or participate in any classes.
- I agree to undergo a contactless forehead temperature check upon entering Ballarat Gymsports if requested.
- I agree that I will not enter the facility without wearing a face mask (unless exempted by the CMHO).
- I agree that if my temperature checks to be 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, I will not participate in class and cannot enter past the Temperature Control point within Ballarat Gymsports.
- I agree to sanitise my hands thoroughly upon entering Ballarat Gymsports.
- I agree that if I show common symptoms of COVID-19 I will be removed from training immediately.
- I agree that when asked I will provide contact tracing details either by manual form or the QR code system.
COVID SAFE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Updated January 4th 2021
- 400 people max: Our facility is 1600m2, this means under Ballarat City Council Approval we are permitted to have 50 participants in the facility excluding spectators (during regular training sessions).
- Class groups: Are currently averaged at 6 athletes. Kinder Gym is 8.
- Distancing: We have divided the facility into 10 spaces, the smallest space is 100m2, the biggest space is 200m2. Groups are to never have to share a space. Often 1 group will be able to use 2 spaces.
- 8 groups max: The maximum number of groups we are currently timetabling in the gym at once is 6. This is rare and during these instances these groups have lower maximum numbers.
- Staggered start and finish times: Class times are staggered so that limited athletes are finishing and starting at the same time.
Pick up and Drop Off
- Spectators are currently not permitted in the upstairs viewing area of Ballarat Gymsports facility due to regulations. Where a participant requires a Parent/carer, there is a strict limit of one person/spectator per athlete. These persons must have signed in via our contactless sign-in system.
- Parents/carers also agree to our conditions of entry as required.
- The carpark is now open to vehicles with limited spaces available. The limited spaces are to ensure the safety of our community as there remains greater foot traffic and numbers of people standing in this space.
- Parents/carers must collect athletes from the Student Collection Zone. No athletes are permitted to walk around the carpark by themselves.
- 15 minutes has been allocated between for most class start and finish times to prevent crowding in and around the facility.
- All questions about COVIDsafe operations should be, in the first instance, directed to the Club COVID Marshal/Receptionist on duty.
- Athletes are asked to arrive 5 minutes early for class to allow time for health screens and handwashing, etc.
- It is preferred that Athletes arrive already in their gym gear, our change rooms are open for use. Athletes are reminded that the Toilets are NOT for changing purposes.
- No general bags will be permitted in the Training area (these must be placed along with shoes, etc in the group shelving area); just a drink bottle and essential training gear.
- Athlete’s drink bottles must be named and must be put in their respective groups water bottle carrier to avoid any sharing.
- Athletes must take all of their belongings with them when they leave. Nothing can be left behind.
- Athlete to athlete contact such as high 5’s and hugs are discouraged and there will be minimal coach spotting.
- Athletes must wash and dry or sanitise their hands prior to exit. All waste must be disposed of safely.
Athletes on Arrival
- Athletes 12 years and over MUST wear a face mask, unless otherwise exempted whilst awaiting their training session.
- Attendance must be taken prior to entry and entered in to our CMS (JackRabbit).
- Temperature may be be checked prior to entry.
- A general health screen will take place prior to entry. Anyone who is sick or lives with someone sick will be turned away.
- Coloured wrist tags may be provided to indicate completion of screening and assigned coaches group.
- Hands must be sanitized or washed and dried with automatic hand dryer on entry. All waste must be disposed of safely.
- Athletes are to be seated 1.5m apart while they wait for their class to begin.
- Coaches must wear a face mask whilst coaching, except where demonstrating or explaining a skill to athletes, unless otherwise exempted.
- Coaches are to ensure that all athletes and staff remain 1.5m apart throughout their session where practical.
- Coaches are to only do minimal spotting and must sanitise their hands prior to and in between their classes.
- Coaches are to create lesson plans that allow athletes to remain separate. Athletes cannot congregate to read whiteboards or be given instruction.
- Coaches are to ensure minimal equipment is used. Coaches are to ensure equipment is cleaned after each group use.
- Coaches will ensure there is no mixing of groups whilst at the facility (bubble sharing), this includes athletes and coaches.
- Coaches are to escort athletes from the training area and ensure they collect belongings and pass through the exit point.
- All surfaces and equipment undergo a deep clean before classes commence each day.
- Any equipment used must be cleaned in between groups’ usage by the responsible coach.
- 15-minute gaps in between classes allow for staff to clean high touch areas and have a break.
- Minimal use of foam pits during lessons. This is due to the difficulties involved with cleaning the pits.
- Wherever possible, all doors are to remain open to avoid using door handles.
- Damaged or suspect equipment is to immediately be reported to reception and removed from general use and placed in the repair area.
Chalk & Grips
- We are not using communal chalk at this time.
- Recreational athletes do not need extra chalk.
- Competitive athletes wishing to use chalk are responsible for bringing their own.
- Chalk must be brought in an individual container or zip lock bag, clearly labelled with the athlete’s name.
- The container must be brought to the facility and taken home at the end of each session.
- Ballarat Gymsports is selling chalk for athletes ($5 per block); however, it is not compulsory to buy through us.
- Grips are not permitted to be left at the Gym at this time. They must be taken home between sessions.
- Ballarat Gymsports will provide an initial bag containing chalk, loop gloves and theraband which athletes need to replenish as required at their cost.
- Ballarat Gymsports collects contact tracing information by the following methods:
- Use of the Club Management System – JackRabbit for athletes, coaches, staff and registered parents.
- Use of a manual collection sheet for Guests, Contractors and Visitors which is transferred to a spreadsheet.
- Use of a QR code electronic collection system which emails and stores via database for Guests, Contractors and Visitors.
- Storage of contact tracing is within our secure database and not shared with any 3rd party, except in the case of clause 6 below.
- Where Ballarat Gymsports is required to provide contract tracing information this will be provided on request to an authorized officer.
- Where a suspected case of COVID is reported to Ballarat Gymsports, the facility will immediately be closed and receive the appropriate cleaning as instructed by the CMHO department and not re-open until directed to do so.