2022 & COVIDsafety @ Gymsports
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and are committed to keeping you safe.
Your wellbeing continues to be our highest priority. New policies and procedures have been carefully devised to ensure the wellbeing of our athletes, staff and Ballarat Gymsports community at this time. These have been planned in strict accordance with the Victorian Government’s and Gymnastics Victoria’s conditions of reopening and we were grateful for all feedback provided by our families and peers at other clubs during the return to Sport.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
All participants and other persons agree to the conditions of entry set out below before entering Ballarat Gymsports. Where entry is permitted!
- I agree to adhere to the policies and procedures set forth by the National and State Chief Medical Health Officers, Ballarat City Council and Ballarat Gymsports and follow all reasonable instructions when given.
- I agree that I must follow hygiene and health regulations to assist in the prevention of COVID-19.
- I agree that by attending a class or entering the facility I am, to the best of my knowledge, healthy and able to participate safely.
- I agree that if I have been to ANY gazetted hotspot within the past 14 days that I will not enter the facility or participate in any classes.
- I agree to undergo a contactless forehead temperature check upon entering Ballarat Gymsports if requested.
- I agree that I will not enter the facility without wearing a face mask (unless exempted by the CMHO).
- I agree that if my temperature checks to be 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, I will not participate in class and cannot enter past the Temperature Control point within Ballarat Gymsports.
- I agree to sanitise my hands thoroughly upon entering Ballarat Gymsports.
- I agree that if I show common symptoms of COVID-19 I will be removed from training immediately.
- I agree that immediately upon entering the facility I will provide contact tracing details using the Victoria Services QR code system.
COVID SAFE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Updated February 18 2022
- Class sizes have resumed to normal numbers. Spectators, whilst permitted, are encouraged to consider if watching is necessary currently.
- Hand Sanatising, Face Masks and Social Distancing rules, where practicable, are to be observed, currently 1.5m.
- Class times have been modified to allow for participants to vacate and the equipment to be cleaned prior to the following group being admitted.
Pick up and Drop Off
- All persons regardless of their age must be signed in via the Victoria Services QR code app available at the entrance and several other locations in the facility. Everyone over 18 years of age MUST be at least Double Vaccinated or have an approved Medical Excemption, plus wear a Face Mask to enter the facility. Proof of vaccination status must be produced when requested.
- Parents/carers must collect athletes at the conclusion of class. No athletes are permitted to walk around the carpark by themselves.
- 15 minutes has been allocated between for most class start and finish times to prevent crowding in and around the facility and cleaning. If you wish to speak with a coach, please let Reception know and they will arrange.
- All questions about COVIDsafe operations should be, in the first instance, directed to the Club COVID Marshal/Receptionist on duty.
- Athletes are asked to arrive 5 minutes early for class to allow time for health screens and handwashing, etc.
- It is preferred that Athletes arrive already in their gym gear, our change rooms are however open. Athletes are reminded that the Toilets are NOT for changing purposes.
- No general bags will be permitted in the Training area (these must be placed along with shoes, etc in the group shelving area); just a drink bottle and essential training gear permitted in the hall.
- Athlete’s drink bottles must be named and must be put in their respective groups water bottle carrier to avoid any sharing.
- Athletes must take all of their belongings with them when they leave. Nothing can be left behind or else it will be destroyed after 7 days.
- Athlete to athlete contact such as high 5’s and hugs are discouraged and there will be minimal coach spotting.
- Athletes must wash and dry or sanitise their hands prior to exit. All waste must be disposed of safely.
- Class sizes are a maximum of 8 persons.
Athletes on Arrival
- Entry to the facility is via the Reception area.
- All Athletes are advised to wear a face mask, unless otherwise exempted whilst awaiting their training session.
- Attendance (regardless of ages) must be entered in to the Victoria Services QR App prior to entry and also names entered in to our CMS (JackRabbit) system.
- Temperature may be be checked prior to entry.
- A general health screen may take place prior to entry. Anyone who is sick or lives with someone sick will be turned away.
- Hands must be sanitized or washed and dried with automatic hand dryer on entry. All waste must be disposed of safely.
- Athletes are to be seated 1.5m apart where ever possible.
- Coaches must check in upon arrival using the Services Victoria QR App.
- Coaches must wear a face mask whilst coaching, except where demonstrating or explaining a skill to athletes, unless otherwise exempted.
- Coaches are to ensure that all athletes and staff remain 1.5m apart throughout their session where practical.
- Coaches are to only do minimal spotting and must sanitise their hands prior to and in between their classes.
- Coaches are to create lesson plans that allow athletes to remain separate. Athletes cannot congregate to read whiteboards or be given instruction.
- Coaches are to ensure equipment is cleaned after each session is completed.
- All surfaces and equipment undergo a deep clean before classes commence each day.
- Any equipment used must be returned and be cleaned in between session usage by the responsible coach.
- 15-minute gaps in between classes allow for staff to clean high touch areas and have a break.
- Minimal use of foam pits during lessons. This is due to the difficulties involved with cleaning the pits.
- Wherever possible, all doors are to remain open to avoid using door handles. Excludes those doors facing the main entrance due to safety concerns.
- Damaged or suspect equipment is to immediately be reported to reception and removed from general use and placed in the repair area.
- A professional cleaning company has been employed to deep clean the facility several times per week.
Chalk & Grips
- It is preferrable to not use communal chalk at this time.
- Recreational athletes do not need extra chalk.
- Competitive athletes wishing to use chalk are responsible for bringing their own.
- Chalk must be brought in an individual container or zip lock bag, clearly labelled with the athlete’s name.
- The container must be brought to the facility and taken home at the end of each session.
- Ballarat Gymsports is selling chalk for athletes ($5 per block); however, it is not compulsory to buy through us.
- Ballarat Gymsports provides lockers for competitive gymnasts for the storage of their personal equipment if necessary.
- Ballarat Gymsports uses the Club Management System – JackRabbit for contact tracing purposes.
- Storage of contact tracing is not held onsite, however our CMS system operates with a 128bit encrypted offsite secure database and not shared with any 3rd party.
- Where Ballarat Gymsports is required to provide contract tracing information this will be provided on request to an authorized officer.
- Where a suspected case of COVID is reported to Ballarat Gymsports, the facility will determine what measures are to be enforced. This includes such things, but not limited to:
- Full Closure of the facility
- Class or select group cancellation and/or isolation
- Contact notifications to affected persons
- Appropriate cleaning as instructed by the CMHO department